Switching from an iPhone to a BlackBerry Z10
Transferring your information from your iPhone to your new BlackBerry® 10 device is simple and straightforward. Just follow the instructions below.
Transferring content to your new BlackBerry Z10 is easy
Bringing your contacts, pictures, video, apps and more from your old smartphone to your new BlackBerry 10 device can be fast and hassle-free, especially if you already have a BlackBerry ID.
But before you get started, download BlackBerry Link from http://.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html. Click on a link below to jump to the desired section.
- Sync your iPhone with iTunes on your computer.
- Download BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer with a USB cable. Ensure you select iTunes as your BlackBerry Link music source.
- Open BlackBerry Link, navigate to the Music content view, and then drag and drop music from the Desktop tab to the BlackBerry tab while your BlackBerry Z10 is connected.
Transferring Pictures and Videos
- Transfer photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer.
- Download BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer with a USB cable. Ensure you select iTunes as your BlackBerry Link content source.
- Open BlackBerry Link and click on the Desktop tab:
- For Windows, navigate to your Pictures and Videos content views and add the folders that store your imported content.
- For Mac users, BlackBerry Link sources the library content from your iTunes and iPhoto applications. Ensure your imported content is included in your iPhoto and iTunes libraries.
- From your Desktop tab, navigate to your Pictures and Videos content view. Drag and drop the imported content to your BlackBerry tab while your BlackBerry Z10 is connected.
Setting Up Email, Calendar, and Contacts
- On your new BlackBerry 10 device, go to Settings, and click on Accounts.
- Click Add Account, and enter your email address and password.
- Your email, calendar, and contact from this account will now start to transfer to your BlackBerry Z10.
Note: For calendar items and contacts that are stored in your iPhone memory, search for how to synchronize them with an email account, such as Windows Live, Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo!. When they’ve synchronized with your email account, add that email account to your BlackBerry Z10 and everything will be transferred.