Alec Taylor, VP of Platform Product Marketing at RIM explains the upcoming super feature BlackBerry Balance.
BlackBerry Balance presents a unified view of work and personal content on a BlackBerry smartphone while keeping the content separate and secure. The division between work and personal content is transparent to the user unless they try to perform actions prohibited by company policy. IT administrators can set policies via BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express. These policy settings can enable the following:
- Secure access to business information while preventing the information from being copied into, sent from or used by personal applications like Facebook®, Twitter®, Windows LiveTM Hotmail, Google MailTM or Yahoo!® Mail accounts.
- Business data or files created by business applications cannot be used by personal applications.
- If a user attempts an action that is prohibited by IT policy, a notification is displayed on the device.
- If an employee leaves the organization, an administrator can remotely wipe business information from the device while leaving personal information intact.
- If a device is lost or stolen, an administrator can wipe all information from the device to help ensure that sensitive business information and the user’s personal information don’t fall into the wrong hands.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings