Today RIM introduced BBM Voice for FREE Calls to BBM Contacts over WiFi on upcoming BBM 7 release, it can be now found in BlackBerry Beta Zone for download. If you are not yet hold an account, get it one now.
BBM now has a Voice – Check it Out!
So, what’s new with BBM 7.0?
- BBM Voice
- BBID Synchronization
Check out the new features included in BBM 7.0:
BBM Voice – For the times when you want to hear a friend’s laughter instead of reading their LOL’s, BBM now comes with BBM Voice. Now you have the freedom to switch almost any BBM conversation from text to a call and speak to your BBM contacts, from almost anywhere they are in the world for free over WiFi. You’ll instantly know whenever BBM friends are available to call. Alternatively, if the moment isn’t right to speak with a friend who’s calling, simply choose to respond discretely by text.
- Visual Indicator – Know instantly when BBM friends are available to voice call – no guesswork needed. Leaving you to decide how and when to connect with all your BBM friends.
- Multitasking with BBM Voice – Do more while you chat – with BBM Voice you are free to respond to BBM text chats, check emails or navigate to other apps while still on a BBM Voice call.
- Accessory compatible – Choose how you chat with BBM Voice – BBM Voice is compatible with your accessories. Use the handset, the speakerphone, Bluetooth accessory or a wired headset – and easily switch between them via the onscreen menu item in the active chat screen.
BBID Synchronization – Users can now switch even more easily between BlackBerry smartphones since BBM 7 allows your BBM profile, Groups and Contacts to be linked to your BBID. Integration with BBID will also allow users to seamlessly transfer all of their BBM information to a BlackBerry 10 device.
Let’s talk more about BBM Voice before you get started. BBM Voice now gives you the freedom to chat with your friends the way you want. Seamlessly switch from a BBM text conversation to a voice call, and talk to your friends, virtually wherever they are in the world, for free over WiFi. For more details about the features check out the ‘What’s New‘ tab.
Known Issues List
Please see the list of Known Issues for BlackBerry Messenger 22.214.171.124 below:
- During first run of BBM 7.0 security a certificate error for sip.voip.blackberry.com might be presented
- All BBM contacts appeared unavailable when they are actually available
- Attempting to record a voice note during a BBM Voice chat may result in a device reset
- While in a BBM Voice chat, the disconnect hard key is needed to close the screen if the receiver reboots their device
- No missed called message is presented if the call is ended before the receiver answers the voice chat
- While in the camera app, incoming voice chats do not initiate the ringer
- While initiating a voice chat, if the receiver wifi is shut off, no user unavailable call message is presented
- While on a phone call, no missed call message is presented when a voice chat request is received
- Voice chat calls accepted after 30 seconds are not connected
- Voice chat calls exceeding 5 minutes may not properly disconnect
- Voice chats exceeding 13 minutes maybe disconnected
- If the caller disconnects a voice chat before the receiver answers, the incorrect call message is presented
- No call message is presented when a voice chat is disconnected during calling or connecting state
- Making a phone call during a voice chat might result in an error and/or the voice chat not being disconnected
- Media playback continues in the background when receiving an incoming voice chat
- Receiving an MVS call while in a voice chat shuts off the audio
- During a voice chat, recording a voice note may shut off the audio between both devices
- Pressing mute on a BlackBerry 9300 during an incoming voice chat takes the device to the home screen leaving the call active and the ringer muted
- Pressing the Phone hardware key from the call screen on 7.1 devices will automatically put the device into speaker mode
- While on a voice chat and a phone call comes in, if the phone call is rejected using the end call key, the voice chat may switch speaker mode.
BBM Voice – Technical Requirements
BBM Voice is compatible with the most common personal/home WiFi network configurations. To initiate a BBM Voice chat simply connect to a WiFi access point, and from within any BBM chat, tap the BBM Voice icon or press your phone hard key whenever your contact shows available.
If you are experiencing difficulty making or receiving BBM Voice chats a firewall maybe in place. Firewalls add an additional level of security to your connection by permitting and denying network traffic between devices on the internal network and the internet. BBM Voice uses the following ports and porting forwarding must be enabled for the application to work on a traffic restricted network:
• 443 (TCP)
• 3478 (UDP)
• 62148 to 62169 (UDP)
BBM Voice also communicates with the following addresses; therefore, they need to be white-listed:
For guidance on how to setup port forwarding, please contact your network administrator or refer to the documentation included with your router, firewall, or security software.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings
Still not available for INDIA
just checked @ 2034 hrs 🙁
what the >>kay code
You’ll receive the keycode from BlackBerry® Beta Zone if downloaded from there.
what the keycode bbm7..help me!
Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest
authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog goes over a lot of the
same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Awesome blog by the way!
I like this website