Switching from a Feature Phone (Nokia Flip, Motorola Razor, etc.) to a BlackBerry Z10
Transferring information from your feature phone to your new BlackBerry® Z10 is simple and straightforward. Just follow the instructions below.
Transferring content to your new BlackBerry Z10 is easy
Bringing your contacts, pictures, video, apps and more from your old smartphone to your new BlackBerry 10 device can be fast and hassle-free, especially if you already have a BlackBerry ID.
But before you get started, download BlackBerry Link from https://blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html. Click on a link below to jump to the desired section.
For Windows® Users
If your feature phone can connect to a PC, you can drag and drop files from your phone to your BlackBerry Z10:
1. Connect your phone to your computer.
2. Open Windows® Explorer by clicking Start > Accessories > Windows Explorer
3. Create a folder on your desktop and drag and drop the files on your phone into this folder.
4. Download BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer with a USB cable.
5. Open BlackBerry Link, then drag and drop files from the Desktop tab to the BlackBerry tab while your BlackBerry Z10 is connected.
For Mac Users
If your feature phone can connect to a Mac, you can drag and drop files from your phone to your new
BlackBerry 10 device:
1. Connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your Mac.
2. Download BlackBerry Link when prompted. If you’re not prompted, download it from www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink.
3. When BlackBerry Link is installed, you should see two new folders on your desktop: Media and Removable_SDCARD.
4. Click on your phone and drag and drop files into the Media and Removable_SDCARD folders on your
** If you don’t see these folders, open Finder. Your BlackBerry Z10 will appear as IP address 169.254.X.X. Drag files from your phone to the folders in IP address 169.254.X.X (which is what your BlackBerry Z10 is called in Finder).
Transferring Media Card Files (Music, Pictures, and Videos)
You may be able to transfer files stored on a microSD card (media card) in your phone to your new BlackBerry Z10. Simply take the media card out of your phone and insert it into your BlackBerry Z10. If you’re prompted to reformat your media card, first make sure to save the files on your media card to your computer. Here’s how you do it:
1. Insert your media card back into your feature phone device.
2. Save the items from your media card onto your computer by using iTunes, Windows Media® Player, Windows Explorer, or Finder on Mac.
3. When finished, insert your media card into your BlackBerry Z10 and if prompted, reformat the media card.
4. If the media card had to be reformatted, download BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry BlackBerry Z10 to your computer using a USB cable.
5. Open BlackBerry Link, add the media and documents that you had copied over to your computer from your feature phone, and then drag and drop content from the Desktop tab to the BlackBerry tab while your BlackBerry Z10 is connected.
Transferring Contacts from a Feature Phone
If your phone uses a micro SIM card, make sure to save any contacts that are stored on your phone to your micro SIM card. If you don’t have a micro SIM card, you can manually copy your contacts to your BlackBerry Z10.
1. On your new BlackBerry 10 device, go to Settings, and click Accounts.
2. Click Add Account, and enter your email address and password.
3. Your email, calendar, and contact from this account will now start to transfer to your BlackBerry Z10.
** For calendar items and contacts that are stored in your phone’s memory, search for how to synchronize them with an email account, such as Windows Live™ Hotmail® , Gmail® , or Yahoo!® . When they’ve synchronized with your email account, add that email account to your BlackBerry Z10 and everything will be transferred.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings
There is a still simple way of transferring contacts from featured phone to BB10 device.
Sign up for IntouchApp here https://IntouchApp.com
and get the username.
Create a vcard or vcf file on your featured phone.
Send it to email@example.com and tell them
Install IntouchApp on BB10 device
and login. All your contacts will be available on the device.