It’s late but not last! Lucky BlackBerry Z10 owners running on Vodafone India networks can now download the latest OS update OTA! The new software brings major changes & improvements overall covering from glitches to much better battery optimization. If you are not on Vodafone & willing to get this update, try Forcing for Update as explained here 😉
- 3rd Party App Performance – We’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches next week, like WhatsApp.
- Phone, Calendar, and Contacts – Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You’ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We’ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.
- Camera – We’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature.
- Browser and Media – With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we’ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.
- Battery Life – The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
How to update your software on BlackBerry 10
Software is available over the air (OTA). Typically, you’ll get a notification about new updates, but you can manually check to see if it has been made available by your service provider and install it in a few simple steps.
Settings> Software Updates> Check for Updates> — then follow the on screen steps to install.
The download is huge. We recommend updating when connected to WiFi. Other carriers will roll out in following days.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings
How come the update I got was only 98mb?
where is the update dude.. tried everything, even called vodafone.. they have no clue about the update.
stop posting crap.