[infobox title=’Breakfast with BBin’]Healthy to read with your family or alone having breakfast. We help you start your day with a little touch of some interesting BlackBerry tips & news from around the world. There are many news articles we don’t publish on our site but from now those news will entertain you at breakfast table. Try to post Breakfast with BBin once a week between 7am – 9am Hindustan Standard Time.[/infobox]
Greeting! It’s been a long time we had a talk over breakfast. Today, we start with some great wins BlackBerry had in terms of legal front and some sports! Before all that, we will walk you through quick last week’s news at BBin:
- Temple Run: Brave now available for BlackBerry
- BlackBerry announces Tools for Android Development 2.0.2 Beta
- BlackBerry partners with Mumbai Indians this IPL season
- Awesone free puzzle game Hues now available for BlackBerry
- Prosumer Speaks: Why I Love My BlackBerry Z30
- Prosumer Speaks: BlackBerry Q10 astonishes Nic Healey
- Facebook chat app – Messenger now available in BlackBerry World
- The company successfully stopped Typo from selling their iPhone case after convincing a judge that BlackBerry would likely win a lawsuit.
U.S. District Judge William Orrick in San Francisco said in a ruling today that BlackBerry is likely to prevail on its infringement claims and that Typo hasn’t made a strong challenge to the validity of the smartphone maker’s patents. Orrick also dismissed Typo’s concern that a temporary sales ban may put the company out of business.
- BlackBerry wins patent infringement case brought by NXP
“We are pleased with the jury’s verdict,” said Steve Zipperstein, Chief Legal Officer at BlackBerry. “While this is a victory for BlackBerry, we look forward to a time when technology companies will no longer be forced to spend huge amounts of time and money defending frivolous patent cases such as these, and instead invest their resources to drive innovation. Until then, we will vigorously defend our intellectual property rights and contest all meritless claims.”
- Lewis Hamilton finishes on top in Bahrain. MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS concluded the first in-season test of 2014 at the Bahrain International Circuit today, with Lewis Hamilton taking the wheel of the F1 W05 for the second of two days’ running in Sakhir this week. Lewis’ best time of 1:34.136 from 120 laps put him first on the time sheets.
Read more on Mercedes AMG Petronas >
Watch 3D animation – 2014 Formula 1 Hybrid Power Unit Video and also you can download official Mercedes AMG Petronas team wallpapers.
“Your BlackBerry Smartphone is not affected with Heartbleed vulnerability.”
To Learn about Heartbleed vulnerability, goto Heartbleed.com
BlackBerry is currently investigating the customer impact of the recently announced OpenSSL vulnerability. BlackBerry customers can rest assured that while BlackBerry continues to investigate, we have determined that BlackBerry smartphones, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 are not affected and are fully protected from the OpenSSL issue. A list of known affected and unaffected products is supplied in this notice, and may be updated as we complete our investigation.
The OpenSSL heartbeat extension read overflow is a serious vulnerability in the popular OpenSSL cryptographic software library. This weakness allows an attacker to steal the information protected, under normal conditions, by the SSL/TLS encryption used to secure the Internet. This issue was addressed in OpenSSL 1.0.1g and a fix is available for integration into affected BlackBerry products. The vulnerability is detailed in CVE-2014-0160.
Further investigation into affected products is ongoing, and BlackBerry is working to determine the full impact of the issue and confirm the best approach for protecting customers. As fixes become available, this notice will be updated.
- BBM for iOS and Android – There are no mitigations for this vulnerability, however the vulnerability is non-trivial to exploit.
- Secure Work Space for iOS and Android – There are no mitigations for this vulnerability for Secure Work Space for iOS and Android.
- BlackBerry Link for Windows – This issue is mitigated for BlackBerry Link for Mac OS and BlackBerry Link for Windows due to the fact that, typically, these systems are not visible to the Internet and external traffic is sent via a proxy in a business environment. This significantly raises the difficulty of exploiting these systems. BlackBerry Link customers can employ their firewall system to filter out heartbeat requests.
- BlackBerry Link for Mac OS – This issue is mitigated for BlackBerry Link for Mac OS and BlackBerry Link for Windows due to the fact that, typically, these systems are not visible to the Internet and external traffic is sent via a proxy in a business environment. This significantly raises the difficulty of exploiting these systems. BlackBerry Link customers can employ their firewall system to filter out heartbeat requests.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5
- BlackBerry Universal Device Server
- BlackBerry® 10 OS
- BlackBerry® 7.1 OS and earlier
- BBM for BlackBerry smartphones
Introducing BlackBerry Experience events
- Montreal, Canada – May 6th, 2014 – Register Now
- Toronto, Canada – May 8th, 2014 – Register Now
- Chicago, US – May 14th, 2014 – Registration Coming Soon
- Cologne, Germany – May 14th, 2014 – Register Now
- Washington DC, US – May 21st, 2014 – Registration Coming Soon
- London, UK – June 3rd, 2014 – Registration Coming Soon
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings