BlackBerry Blend and BlackBerry Assistant are new features available in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3. But that’s not all! This release is full of enhancements to existing BlackBerry 10 OS features, such as Instant Actions in the BlackBerry Hub, meeting mode in the Calendar app, and automatic suggestions in the Camera app.
New features and enhancements
With BlackBerry Blend, users can access email messages, files, and certain apps on a computer or tablet the same way they’d use them on a BlackBerry device. BlackBerry Blend supports devices running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.
A few examples of what users can do using BlackBerry Blend on a computer or tablet include:
- View and respond to messages from a work email account and personal email accounts using the BlackBerry Hub
- Access BBM chats, groups, and BBM Channels in a separate view
- Access SMS text messages in a separate view
- View calendar events from the user’s work calendar
- View contacts from the work contact list
- Copy and transfer files between the device and a computer or a tablet
- Open a secure browser to view private information on the user’s work intranet
- The BlackBerry Blend dashboard displays the user’s messages and agenda.
What can a user do using BlackBerry Blend?
On a computer or a tablet, the user can complete the following tasks.
How to set up BlackBerry Blend
To use BlackBerry Blend, the user must:
- Download BlackBerry Blend to a computer or tablet. To download BlackBerry Blend, visit www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryBlend
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer or tablet to complete the setup. The user can connect the device to the computer or tablet using a USB cable, a Wi-Fi network, or the mobile network.
The same BlackBerry ID must be set up on the user’s device, and computer or tablet. BlackBerry ID is designed to secure the connection between the device and the computer or tablet.
The user can install BlackBerry Blend on a computer or a tablet that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Android 4.4 or later
- iOS 7.0 or later
If the user can’t connect the BlackBerry device to BlackBerry Blend, verify the following:
- The device is running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.
- On the device, on the Settings > Device Connections screen, the Allow Connections and Use Mobile Network options are turned on.
- The device has a Wi-Fi or a network connection.
- If prompted, the user entered a valid BlackBerry ID.
- The user isn’t trying to connect to BlackBerry Blend over VPN.
Next Page: BlackBerry Assistant
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings