No wires, no saving to a cloud, no transferring between devices. It’s just there.
On any given day, you move between your computer, tablet and smartphone to accomplish various tasks, but these devices are not integrated. This leads to lost productivity each time you switch from one device to the other. Until now.
BlackBerry® Blend is software you can download for your computer and tablet that seamlessly brings messaging and content that’s on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet.
A few examples of what users can do using BlackBerry Blend on a computer or tablet include:
- View and respond to messages from a work email account and personal email accounts using the BlackBerry Hub
- Access BBM chats, groups, and BBM Channels in a separate view
- Access SMS text messages in a separate view
- View calendar events from the user’s work calendar
- View contacts from the work contact list
- Copy and transfer files between the device and a computer or a tablet
- Open a secure browser to view private information on the user’s work intranet
- The BlackBerry Blend dashboard displays the user’s messages and agenda.
Download BlackBerry Blend >>
What can a user do using BlackBerry Blend?
On a computer or a tablet, the user can complete the following tasks.
How to set up BlackBerry Blend
To use BlackBerry Blend, the user must:
- Download BlackBerry Blend to a computer or tablet. To download BlackBerry Blend, visit www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryBlend
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer or tablet to complete the setup. The user can connect the device to the computer or tablet using a USB cable, a Wi-Fi network, or the mobile network.
The same BlackBerry ID must be set up on the user’s device, and computer or tablet. BlackBerry ID is designed to secure the connection between the device and the computer or tablet.
The user can install BlackBerry Blend on a computer or a tablet that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Android 4.4 or later
- iOS 7.0 or later
If the user can’t connect the BlackBerry device to BlackBerry Blend, verify the following:
- The device is running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.
- On the device, on the Settings > Device Connections screen, the Allow Connections and Use Mobile Network options are turned on.
- The device has a Wi-Fi or a network connection.
- If prompted, the user entered a valid BlackBerry ID.
- The user isn’t trying to connect to BlackBerry Blend over VPN.
Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today the availability of BlackBerry® Blend, a new app that seamlessly brings messaging and content from your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. With BlackBerry Blend, users can take advantage of the secure BlackBerry network to blend their personal and professional content and conversations together using the screen of their choice. BlackBerry Blend enables users to work seamlessly across multiple devices running various Windows®, iOS®, Mac and Android™ operating systems, making work collaboration and conversation easy no matter where they are.
Mobile professionals have demanding technology needs and are multi-device users working between their smartphone, PC and tablet all day. These individuals are highly connected and need a way to work across multiple devices and operating systems effortlessly in order to optimize their efficiency and achieve their goals.*
BlackBerry Blend streamlines the experience of using multiple devices on a daily basis by bridging the gap between your smartphone and other devices that make up your connected universe. With BlackBerry Blend, users can receive instant notifications, respond to work and personal messages, and access documents, calendars, contacts and media in real-time on any device, while never having to worry about their security being compromised. No saving to a cloud, no wires and no transferring information between devices. It’s just there. To watch a quick demonstration of BlackBerry Blend, visit www.BlackBerry.com/Blend.
“With the amount of time spent shuffling between devices throughout the day, the type of integration that BlackBerry Blend offers will bring a whole new level of productivity to our users,” said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO at BlackBerry. “Whether you need to access important work files on the road or respond to text and email messages on your tablet while commuting to work, BlackBerry Blend ensures all of your important information is safely accessible, regardless of the device you are using.”
Fundamentally rooted in BlackBerry’s core competencies of security and productivity, BlackBerry Blend offers user benefits such as:
- Never Miss a BBM™ or Text Message: BlackBerry Blend brings all your BBM and text messages from your BlackBerry smartphone to an integrated messaging hub now available on your computer and tablet.
- Use Your Smartphone as a Mobile Network Hub: Gain secure access to work email, calendars and important files on any device connected to BlackBerry Blend.
- Transfer Files Across Devices: Save files from your computer to your BlackBerry smartphone so they are accessible on any device connected to BlackBerry Blend.
- BlackBerry Security, Across Your Devices: Powered by the BlackBerry device through the BlackBerry network, this seamless experience is also secure. And IT Administrators can rest easy, as they have the ability to set BlackBerry Blend parameters for users that match their security guidelines.
- Unified Calendar Management: BlackBerry Blend merges all of your work meetings, personal appointments and events into one view.
- Connect Anywhere, Anytime: BlackBerry Blend can connect wirelessly via Wi-Fi or cellular connection, or wired through the USB port on your PC. Once connected, use your BlackBerry® ID on your computer and tablet to connect to BlackBerry Blend.
BlackBerry Blend is launching today on the BlackBerry® Passport and the Porsche Design P’9983 from BlackBerry®, and will work across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 +, iPad tablets running iOS 7+, Windows 7+ and Android tablets running Android 4.4+. The downloadable version of BlackBerry Blend for Macs and PCs is available today at www.BlackBerry.com/Blend, on the Apple® App StoreSM for iPad tablets, or via the Google Play™ Store for Android tablets.
BlackBerry Blend comes free on BlackBerry Passport at launch. Additional enterprise features will be available through a subscription program. Details of the enterprise offering will be announced in the coming weeks.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings
When is the official 10.3 version with Blend available for Q10
Any one can help!
Does Blackberry Blend need Blackberry Link to be open application or to run application?
No it doesn’t.
i update my bb z10 from 10.2 to 10.3.1 . in this when I restart my phone all data lost or swap up.
how to backup bbz30 on bb link