Waterloo, Ontario – November 2, 2015 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced it has completed the acquisition of Good Technology. BlackBerry will integrate Good’s software solutions and services with its own software suites to offer the industry’s most complete end-to-end solution that secures the entire mobile enterprise, across all platforms and applications while protecting personal privacy.
With the acquisition of Good, BlackBerry has expanded its ability to offer a unified, secure mobility platform with applications and services for any mobile device on any operating system – supported by security that has been certified by governments around the world embedded in every component of the mobility infrastructure.
“The Good and BlackBerry solutions are very complementary. Combined, BlackBerry solves one of the biggest challenges for CIOs – to securely manage all types of deployment models for any device operating system platform, whether on-premise or in the cloud,” said John Chen, BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO. “We are creating a higher-value solution with the capability to extend across enterprise mobility management, collaboration and application enablement in order to provide customers with the best and most secure products, services and support to meet their enterprise mobility objectives.”
“BlackBerry’s completion of the Good acquisition brings two leading companies in the mobile security space together to offer a secure cross-platform EMM solution,” said Stacy Crook, Research Director, Enterprise Mobility at IDC. “Good brings additional value to the BlackBerry platform by offering strong application containerization on iOS and Android, and will provide solutions to containerize custom and third-party applications.”
BlackBerry and Good have natural platform synergies that will be integrated, offering the best of containerization and enterprise mobility management (EMM), and will leverage BlackBerry’s global network infrastructure. Customers and partners can expect easily managed migration options and seamless, uninterrupted integration with the combined platform. Customers can look forward to:
- The broadest set of options to meet the full cross-platform needs of an enterprise for EMM, including support for iOS, BlackBerry, Windows, and Android including Samsung KNOX™ Workspace and Android™ for Work.
- Support for varying deployment models such as bring-your-own-device (BYOD); corporate owned, personally enabled (COPE); corporate owned, business only (COBO); as well as environments with multiple user interfaces and operating systems.
- The most secure container solution in the market; used on millions of devices around the world to meet the highest security requirements, protecting data independent of device, app, user or location.
- The widest portfolio of secure enterprise productivity applications in the industry, including over 2,000 Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and custom applications with software development kit (SDK) support.
- Secure mobile applications such as WatchDox for secure sync and file share, AtHoc for crisis communication and BBM Protected for messaging.
- Secure mobile collaboration applications like Good Work, Good Access, and Good for Salesforce1 CRM.
BlackBerry anticipates the acquisition to be accretive to earnings and cash flow within the first year after closing. BlackBerry also expects to realize approximately $160 million in GAAP revenue from Good in the first year, including the impact of an expected write-down of certain deferred revenue of Good.
For more information, please visit www.blackberry.com/good.
BlackBerry is securing a connected world, delivering innovative solutions across the entire mobile ecosystem and beyond. We secure the world’s most sensitive data across all end points – from cars to smartphones – making the mobile-first enterprise vision a reality. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols “BB” on the Toronto Stock Exchange and “BBRY” on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings